Friday, August 16, 2013

A BIG, HUGE, GIGANTIC Update

I sincerely apologize for my posting negligence - but as any of my fellow art teachers would know - things get a little crazy in the last half of the year!  I am going to make up for it with a post of a bunch of stuff from the past 7 months or so...  Ready, Set, Go!

The One Million Bones Project: 
This was an amazing art activism project that all 6 of my classes were involved with, culminating in a huge installation on the National Mall in Washington DC for genocide awareness. This video was created to give people an idea how we were involved in this amazing work!

CNHS: One Million Bones Project Video

Row House Box Project:
This was a hand building clay project. Students used air dry clay (because we do not yet have a kiln), and created a row house based on the types of houses they see every day in Baltimore City.  They LOVED this project - and did fantastic, detail-oriented work!


Black and White Figure Drawings:
This was figure proportion project in which students incorporated their study of the human figure with the principals of design. And a little bit of zentangle thrown in there.  The work was hung at a show at a local coffee shop!



Collaborative Lennon:
This was done only with my advisory students (15 in all). The students drew and painted their own 'pieces', which were then put together to create the over all piece.  

Oldenburg Pop Art Sculptures:
My Introduction to Art Classes created Pop Art sculptures in the style of artist Cleas Oldenburg.  This one is always hilarious and a kid favorite for sure!


Pop Self Portraits
My drawing students created their own oil painted self-portraits a la Andy Warhol.  I cannot locate the pictures of the completely finished work - but here were steps one and two



3-D Keith Haring Painting
My Introduction to Art students, studied the work of Keith Haring, and were then challenged to create a 'message' in his style.  These paintings are painted in a specific way using warm and cool colors so that when viewed through special 3-D glasses, they appear to 'Pop' off of the page. 




Angry Birds Pinatas!
This was at the end of the year - and completely just for fun!  My sculpture class created angry birds pinatas to smash on the last day of school. 

It was an amazing year! This year I will not be teaching any art classes, as I am officially the 'Art Integration Coach' at City Neighbors High School, and not the sole 'Art Teacher'. 

 I will be co-teaching with ALL of our teachers, and integrating the arts into EVERY classroom! I will continue to post the amazing things that our children create and do - but with more of an art integration focus. I can't wait!  Thanks for reading!

No comments:

Post a Comment